Apple-Cajun Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
This recipe came to us after experimenting with various stuffing mixtures for pork chops. We always enjoy combinations of sweet and spicy, and this one certainly delivers. Chopped apples seasoned with Cajun spices make for a delicious stuffed jalapeno pepper. It's perfect as an appetizer or a side dish.
- 10-20 jalapeno peppers (amount will vary depending on the size of the peppers)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and add butter.
- When butter is melted, stir in bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine. Use water in very small amounts to thin as needed, but the mixture should be slightly thick and chunky.
- Fill each jalapeno half with a heaping mound of your stuffing mixture.
- Bake stuffed jalapenos on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Share your Jalapeno Love:
Jalapeno Recipes Galore
Print Edition - 250+ Recipes
Jalapeno Madness - 2nd Edition!
Jalapeno Poppers and
Other Stuffed Chili Peppers