- 2 tomatoes
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half and set them onto a baking sheet skin sides up.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until skins begin to darken and peel easily.
- Peel tomato skins and transfer to a food processor.
- Add chipotles, water, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Process until smooth.
You can serve it at this point, or warm it in a saucepan until ready to use.